To get the gist of how Eano Home Renovation works, here's a brief explanation of the workflow from start to finish.
General permit + construction general flow:
- After the permit contract is signed, we will do an onsite visit. We’ll draw a plan for your existing layout.
- We will book a Zoom design meeting to go over your design wishlist and different design concepts in detail. (First two weeks) We will create a Google doc that’ll track all the changes you want to make. This is to make sure everything you want can be added to the plan and applied to the city ADU code respectively.
- We have two rounds of design meetings to get the final approval of your dream home design. For additional changes you want to include after your final approval, we’ll need to charge a fee of $100/hr.
- After your approval, we will prepare a structural calculation, title 24 for your plan, and then submit it to the city. (Next two weeks)
- The city typically gives us comments to revise the plan. Our architect will take care of those changes. (Depending on the city timeline)
- After our final comment submission to the city, (permit almost approved). Our project manager will book an appointment with you and give you another contract for the construction part.
- After the permit is approved, what’s to be expected?
a. If you decide to go with our construction team: After signing the contract and deposit, we will help you set up our project in the Eano app. You will be able to self-manage the construction project through this app - you can choose the materials, check Eano’s construction progress and chat with the team directly.
b. If you decide to go with another construction team. You will pay the rest of the permit fee (without the bundle construction discount) at full price. You or your new contractor will need to pull the permit from the city.